[wp-hackers] WordPress UI Idea (#4): Sortable, editable main menu

Kaspars Dambis kaspars at konstruktors.com
Fri Oct 3 09:33:51 GMT 2008

Hello everyone,

What about allowing everyone to name and sort the main menu?

Here is a working prototype:
http://konstruktors.com/examples/wordpress-dashboard/05/

List of features:

* Select 'Customize Menu' to enable editing/sorting.
* Click on top-level menu text to edit the label.
* Click on top-level menu *outside* the label (on the arrow, for
example) text to collapse/expand menu.
* Drag-and-drop any of the menu items, even from one top-level item to
other.

What do you think?

Regards,
Kaspars

p.s. I couldn't find a way to disable href action for top-level links
when editing is enabled. As far as I know, it could be accomplished by
adding return false; to a click even.