[wp-hackers] Suggested IA/UI Changes to the Admin Area

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Feb 15 23:41:00 GMT 2008

Stephen Rider wrote:
> To Matt: How is "create" unclear?  It's specific but leaves a bit of
> room for flexibility.

I like create, and we may switch to it in a later version, but not for
this one.

As for the other stuff, these ideas are not necessarily good or bad, bet
they're not backed up by research or usability testing, which the
current choices are.

Right now all energy is focused on getting the admin up to spec, and
there is lots of work left to do. After the release of 2.5, it's fine to
re-examine our assumptions again, and we can do things like look at the
adoption/downloads of 2.5 vs previous releases to get a sense for which
of our decisions were correct or not.

We have another release in June. :)

--
Matt Mullenweg