[wp-hackers] Multiple options vs. one large serialized option

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Fri Aug 8 12:18:23 GMT 2008

The only reason I would cut options in 2 sets would be for instance:
- set1 stored with autoload = yes, containing everything that you'll
need on blog pages
- set2 stored with autoload = no, containing everything needed for admin area

Therefore, a smaller set1 would be read on WP init, and you don't mind
adding an extra query when viewing an admin page to fetch set2

But anyway I don't think it's really worth it avoiding to store
everything in one entry.

http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News
http://planetOzh.com ~ Blog and WordPress Stuff