[wp-hackers] An Open-Source & Cross-Platform Comment Manager WAS Comment client for WordPress

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Tue Apr 29 13:56:20 GMT 2008

Gotta agree with that one, and I say that as somebody who does lots
and lots of java code.

It's just way too easy to write a crappy Java desktop application.
Writing one that doesn't suck is quite difficult. But when you write a
sucky one, you can rest assured in the knowledge that it will suck
equally on all platforms, without favor. ;-)

However, Java on the server side rocks, once you grasp the
fundamentals and get over all the CGI background type of thinking.