[wp-hackers] New Codex page on WordPress Optimization

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Tue Sep 4 19:44:43 GMT 2007

I've never heard that hosting DNS on the same server is a bonus. We run
each service on a separate IP even if it's on the same server, to allow
for easier separation later.

I know that all the big sites run DNS separately from their web servers,
it just wouldn't be practical to host DNS on the same box as the
application. So based on that, I'm pretty confident that there's no
downside to hosting DNS separately.

I'm interested to hear more on the subject though. Can your web host
provide any links to support their recommendation? I searched for "dns
rating" but I couldn't find anything relevant. Could you post any links
to DNS rating sites?

Cheers - Callum.