[wp-hackers] New Codex page on WordPress Optimization

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Tue Sep 4 19:55:17 GMT 2007

Normal practice is to have at least two name servers, which should be on
physically separate networks. If your name servers are on the same network
as the application server, then in the event of a loss of connectivity, your
domain drops off the internet in the worst possible way - rather than
getting error messages indicating that the server is inaccessible, visitors
will get "no such domain" errors.

That's bad for web servers. If you're running email on the domain, it's
potentially catastrophic - instead of messages being queued for delivery
when the server comes back, they'll bounce with extreme force...

Les Bessant les at lcb.me.uk
Losing it[1] - http://lcb.me.uk
My flickr pictures - http://flickr.com/photos/lesbessant/

com/mailman/listinfo/wp-hackers