[wp-hackers] Page searching examples [was: 2.4 planning discussion]

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Oct 1 15:37:30 GMT 2007

> The problem is how do you display the results?

It's a good question.  I think a good answer is... show the page except.

As Pete Westwood points out, Pages can have excerpts just like Posts
do.  Expose this ability in the UI, and on the Search Results, if a
Page has an excerpt, show it, otherwise just show the Page Title.

As much as Matt abhors additional user options in Core, I agree with
some others here that Searching Pages should be an option.  Although
I suppose it could also be done with an altered Search function in
the PHP....

Stephen