[wp-hackers] Nice to meet you

Matt Mullenweg m at mullenweg.com
Fri Mar 23 02:14:21 GMT 2007

Juan Manuel Doren wrote:
> i ask this because i would like to work improving wpmu, but i'm
> affraid to waste my work if wp core changes
>
> what do you think about this?

Welcome to the community!

There are no plans to merge WPMU with WP on the roadmap, however they
are very closely tied together. They share 98%+ of their code and MU
follows WP so if you're looking to contribute to the core functionality
of WordPress, this is the place to be.

There is no equivalent list for MU hackers right now, so this is also
the right place to discuss something which might touch both codebases,
but if that discussion expands much we'll want to move it to a separate
list.

--
Matt Mullenweg
http://automattic.com | http://akismet.com