[wp-hackers] Blogroll, Bookmarks, Links?

Marci O'Daffer marci at odaffer.net
Mon Jun 18 21:32:50 GMT 2007

Anyone know why it's still called Blogroll in admin, when it's called
Bookmarks in functions (wp_list_bookmarks) and yet displays by default as a
list of "Links" in the sidebar?? Maybe it's time to streamline this -- call
it all the same thing, or let the user choose per blog, so that it's
consistent everywhere. When I use WP as a CMS for a client, explaining that
Blogroll really means Links or Bookmarks is kinda distracting and seems
unprofessional. I  usually just change the core so it reads differently, so
the client does not misunderstand it. Anyone else see a use for this kind of
change?

Marci :)