[wp-hackers] Adding phpmailer options (smtp for example)

Moritz 'morty' Struebe morty at gmx.net
Thu Aug 30 15:27:18 GMT 2007

Well, I'm for Plugin  and move to the core later. Or in other words: I'm
for the core but I don't think it'll make it into the next release and
I'd also love to have this soonish.
Further arguments:
wp_mail can be overloaded and therefore you just have to replace the the
core-version.
Same with the GUI. If you keep in mind, that you want to integrate this
in to the core, core integration should be doable in less then 1h. While
writing and testing will take much longer. Testing and adjusting is much
easier, too, as you just let people install the plugin and they don't
have to check out from trunk. Once it's stable it can/should be moved to
the core.
Cheers
Morty