[wp-hackers] WordPress.org and WordPress.com integration

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Thu Aug 30 13:48:10 GMT 2007

While we're on the integration subject, would anyone happen to know
if there is currently a project towards having integration between
self-hosted blogs and wordpress.com/.org user accounts?

IE: Something like my upcoming wpDirAuth (LDAP/S) or the OpenID
plugins that would let users with account on Wordpress.com/.org login
to your self-hosted blog through an API handshake (could auto-create
an account record locally, like other plugins do). When I say .org, I
mean codex accounts, etc, not accounts from other self-hosted
instances (allthough that's feasible too, but more complicated).

Although I understand the tech and security implications, I do think
it'd be pretty cool.
The user base is obviously large enough to justify the effort (IMHO). :)

Stephane