[wp-hackers] WordPress.org and WordPress.com integration

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:24:14 GMT 2007

After installing the Automattic Stats plugin a week or two ago, I was
very pleasantly surprised to see that on the top bar of every
WordPress.com blog, the dashboard and Write Post links for my .org blog
'jeremy.sunriseroad.net' also appeared there.

I see that there is some level of integration going on there. What I
would like to see in the future is the possibility of my blog being
aggregated on WP.com and the ability for it to be included in WP.com's
tag browser, and in the WP.com 'Hawt Post' sections.

Is this feasible?

One fear you may have is that WordPress.com is a community, and
aggregating all the other WordPress.org blogs may turn it into another
Technorati. However, I don't want to be left out of the action because
of my decision to self-host a .org blog, and not use a .com blog.