[wp-hackers] Lack of code savvy volunteers vs wp-hackers

spencerp spencerp1 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 25 07:40:19 GMT 2006

I can see where the "coders" are coming from, and yet, the forum volunteers as well. I can also see, how the challenging type questions, won't ever outweigh the unchallenging type questions..

I guess, IMHO.. what HandySolo had suggested, maybe use the "hacker" tag "system"... or, whatever..  I'm NOT suggesting that hackers follow-up on this 24-7, but maybe every so often, and throw out some useful answers.

Once you've provided an answer, "we" volunteers can bookmark those threads, (which contain the very invaluable answers by you) for future reference purposes, and just reuse them over, and, over again.. down the road..

There really isn't too many volunteers, that know alot of the "coding" type support requests, me included.. Sadly, I think that's why *alot* of the threads just end up in the "no-replies" section... floating around, from many months ago.. Because the normal volunteers just didn't have a valid answer..

I don't know, but, IMHO.. I think there could possibly, maybe, be, a happy medium here, or something..? Or, maybe if the really challenging threads come up, send the forum thread through here, and wait on a hacker's response to it?

"We" volunteers don't mind trying our hardest to find the users their answers to their questions, just sometimes "we" volunteers need someone alot more knowledgeable in the coding field..

Just throwing these thoughts out onto the table.. [now ,ducks under the table quickly, before having something thrown at him].. =P

spencerp