[wp-hackers] Easytags template system

David House dmhouse at gmail.com
Wed May 10 22:03:53 GMT 2006

On 10/05/06, Joey B <tunicwriter at gmail.com> wrote:
> That'd be dumb (no offense). As others have pointed out in this
> thread, you do this for the theme editor, you're going to have to do
> it for everything. People are going to move from the theme editor to
> text editors. Then, they're going to use the easy tags in the text
> editors, thinking, "Hey, it works in the theme editor, it should work
> here," and then they find they're flat-out wrong. Then it hits the
> support forums... and I can just imagine you saying "Oops" now.

I think this "tricked-out front end" idea is really quite nice. But I
take your point, people are going to get used to the paradigm and
expect it to work everywhere. So lets distance ourselves from the
run-of-the-mill text editors. Perhaps put a red box around our
<wp:loop> tags. Use drag-drop to insert them instead of typing it in.
Stuff like that.

-David House, dmhouse at gmail.com