[wp-hackers] Feeddemon and RSS

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Thu Jun 8 11:40:41 GMT 2006

I can see this is going to be a problem. The RSS validation standards
change, but till now it was just a badge, nothing else. But when people like
Nick Bradbury start to require it for their popular programs, something's
gotta give.

I'm also not a fan of the current validator, but I think we need to contact
them and set some ground rules - after all, WP accounts for a large
percentage of online feeds, in one way or another. WP is an excellent
example of standards compliance, but not when standards keep changing.. we
can't possibly release another version every time they get it in their heads
to change a letter or reword something in the standards, but it's obviously
of the utmost importance that _a_ standard *is* decided on, the only
question is what.

I know this was a hot debate a while back, and it wasn't too pretty either,
but then it was a fight over something of no implications either way... but
now the implications are definitely real, and this needs to be decided.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/blog/