[wp-hackers] Accessing post content before it's split by page / Calling 404

Mike Purvis mike at uwmike.com
Thu Jul 6 03:55:37 GMT 2006

I'll just post my solution here in case anyone searches the archives.
It turns out (as I expected) that it's fairly simple:

Just filter "the_posts", which gives back an array containing post
information before page-splits and before output has started. If you
return an empty array, you'll force the standard 404 screen.

Two birds with one stone.

Mike