[wp-hackers] Need more RSS hooks

Pete Prodoehl pete.prodoehl at cygnusinteractive.com
Thu Jan 26 17:43:12 GMT 2006

Rob wrote:
> IMO, having some simple XSL that displays a quick notice about what RSS
> is and how to use the feed works wonders for novice users who have no
> idea what RSS is. Check the BBC's feeds, for example:
>
> http://newsrss.bbc.co.uk/rss/newsonline_world_edition/front_page/rss.xml
>
> Something similar for Wordpress - in plugin form at least - would be great.

Agreed. Your 'average user' might be better served with an instructional
page explaining what RSS is rather than "a page of computer code" which
leaves them puzzled.

See what FeedBurner does, explain things and provide links:

   http://feeds.feedburner.com/feediconsreleases

In the case of my videoblog, I specifically provide links to
video-capable aggregators people can download to get the enclosures. Any
podcasting site using WordPress might want to do the same.

Pete