[wp-hackers] Need more RSS hooks

Scott johnson fuzzygroup at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:50:20 GMT 2006

Um... I'm a newbie on this list so take what I say with a grain of salt
perhaps but XSL is NOT bloat.  It may be silly but its not bloat.  Its
fairly essential for making feeds easy for end users.

End users will click on feed and right now they go "What?" and its a support
issue for the individual author of wordpress.  Why in the world do we want
that?

Now if I was to put my commercial hat on I'd point out that shipping XSL
with Wordpress which put in links to recommended aggregators is a huge $$$
opportunity.  You don't think that Pluck, a company which raised 8.5 meg in
venture money, got their link into FeedBurner for free did you?

And given that FeedBurner is a disaster waiting to happen (they've inserted
a single point of failure into the ecosystem) I'd LOVE to see XSL standard
w/ wordpress.  That would likely cut down on their subscriptions by
something like 1/4 to 1/3.

Single points of failure are, I'm sorry, evil.

Scott (Formerly of Feedster, now of Ookles)