[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Sun Feb 12 15:44:49 GMT 2006

I'm happy with any solution that is reasonably quick to query, and takes
minimal-if-any resources to exclude from queries.  If you have to query a
secondary table, or test a character, that'll make it more difficult to
'exclude'.  That's why I proposed post-status==trash, though I admittedly
didn't consider the 'how to put things back' for posts vs comments vs ...  I
think the period-prefix thing is a potential query bottleneck...

do we simply need a 'trash' flag on all major object tables?  that just
seems overkill in one sense, in another it simplifies stuff greatly.

-d