[wp-hackers] Data recovery (post_status?)

David Chait davebytes at comcast.net
Tue Feb 14 16:15:38 GMT 2006

I think this thread had already come to a conclusion, which was that the
'trash can' concept is well understood by users, and a useful/positive
concept to bring into WP.  We can easily do post_status=='trash' + post_meta
(timestamp and previous status).  My guess is without adding any further
work we can put a comment in the 'trash' with comment_approved=='trash'.
(Obv, both post_status and comment_approved need to be varchars, again as
was already discussed...).

I'd obviously make the 'trash can' or 'recycle bin' panel only available to
highest-level admins (so that while an abusive lower-level user might have
normal 'delete' privs, the 'empty_trash' priv is reserved... ;) ).

-d