[wp-hackers] WP Plugins --> was::RE: [wp-forums] questionable...

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Sat Aug 5 20:32:32 GMT 2006

On 8/5/06, David Chait <davebytes at comcast.net> wrote:
> Sounds like there needs to be a differentiation between simple deactivation
> (still there, could turn it back on) and permanent removal/uninstall (no
> options left behind, no files..).  I >don't< think that deactivation should
> cause ANYTHING to be removed from DB or FS... needs to be a different
> 'button', procedure, whatever.

My new plugin autoupdate system does just that.
There is "Activate" and opposite it "Install" and then "Devactivate"
and "Uninstall"

Install goes through the entire install routines of creating files and
propogating the DB, uninstall deletes the same files and removes DB
data. Activate/Decactivate simply doesn't load the plugin.

Regards,
CG