[wp-hackers] WP Plugins --> was::RE: [wp-forums] questionable...

Christopher J. Hradil chradil at comcast.net
Sun Aug 6 06:17:26 GMT 2006

I'm not talking about deactivation, in terms of cleanup, but rather
"uninstall", currently to uninstall a plugin you can deactivate it, then
delete the plugin file[s]/directory, but there's no database cleanup. That
should be the responsibility of the plugin author via an "uninstall"
function. What's the point in keeping useless information in the database if
a plugin is removed ? the other 'function' which I mentioned was a
'deactivate_all_plugins' which would be used during something like a WP core
upgrade (and should likely be a wp core function, or a plugin on it's own)
that wouldn't need to (or shouldn't make any changes to the DB as more than
likely the plugins would be re-activated following an upgrade.

Christopher J. Hradil
chradil at comcast.net
http://www.hradil.us