[wp-hackers] New Members - "May submit drafts for review" and delete them?

Jeff Minard jeff at jrm.cc
Tue Mar 22 19:27:19 GMT 2005

David House wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:37:33 -0800, jeff at jrm.cc <jeff at jrm.cc> wrote:
>>As for versioning - forget it. Way, *WAY* too involved a process to
>>build of top of what we've already got going in WP.
>

> It doesn't have to be a full versioning system with repositories, tags
> and branches!

Of course not. Keep the original post, and create incremental diffs
along the edit path. Mark the diffs as approved or not.

I'm not saying it should be super duper or anything, but it shouldn't be
anything along the lines of "quick fix" for a problem (which is probably
small) like this. If some kind of versioning system were to be put in
place, why go half way?

I would believe that most people are running WP single user, and those
that are running multiuser are likely trusted -- the writer/editor
feature set is very powerful in a few cases, but not the majority. So
including a half-implemented versioning system for a minority feature
doesn't seem like a great idea. Not yet.

Jeff Minard