[wp-hackers] Plugins to incorporate

Lorelle VanFossen lorelle at cameraontheroad.com
Tue Aug 9 13:40:25 GMT 2005

I agree that the Codex Search plugin or something similar would be a
great thing to incorporate into the next version. The faster users can
get to the resources they need to get "HELP" then the happier they will
be. It's wonderful to be able to search from the admin panels, click on
a link, have it open in a new window or tab and then be able to move
from the help page to the admin panels to proceed through the process
step by step.

Management of the posts is probably the biggest whine I have.  For those
who are using WordPress as a CMS or with many posts they need to refer
and link to repeatedly, connecting the internal links on their site, the
current post management screen...is painful.  ColdForged's Enhanced Post
View ( http://www.coldforged.org/the-enhanced-view-plugin/ ) has saved
me hours of effort weekly by permitting control of the sorting of posts
by category, month, and author, as well as controlling the number of
posts displayed so I can see ALL of the posts within a specific category
and adjust the number of posts viewed on the fly. If this was a perfect
world, I'd also want sortable lists of the posts on the screen or the
whole list by all of the table headings.

Post management is exceptionally frustrating as WordPress stands today.
I feel improvement in this area is critical to the growth of WordPress
to keep users interested once they past the first blush of enthusiasm in
blogging.

Lorelle