[wp-hackers] suggestions for the next (not immediate)release

Jason Bainbridge jbainbridge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 08:06:14 GMT 2005

On 8/9/05, Amit Gupta <wp at igeek.info> wrote:

> I've one suggestion for the next release, it needs not be the immediate next
> release.
> How about reducing & optimising the code for faster execution? WordPress
> still lacks a lot behind TextPattern & LightPress(though its only a
> front-end for WordPress) when it comes to speed. Recently I've heard a lot
> of people complaining about speed and a cacheing solution like WP-Cache2,
> though effective, is not much of an improvement as its sort of cookie based,
> so if a client visits the blog & the home page gets cached, that same cached
> copy will be served to him on his next visit & not to someone else visiting
> from somewhere else. So its sort of a waste, more so if you consider the
> hit/miss ratio.

What gave you that idea? Wp-Cache 2 -
http://mnm.uib.es/gallir/wp-cache-2/ is a server side caching solution
and has nothing to do with the client, the plugin checks to see if
there is a static file for the requested page on the server and if not
creates one, then it has checks to check things like when a new post
is made so the cache gets flushed on the server automatically.

Regards,
--
Jason Bainbridge
http://kde.org - webmaster at kde.org