[wp-hackers] Personal options

Scott Merrill skippy at skippy.net
Mon Aug 8 01:20:26 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:
> Scott Merrill wrote:
>
>> Since we have an option for rich editing, I'd like to suggest we
>> extend that to a control for both WYSIWYG _and_ draggable widgets in
>> the post composition screen.
>

> Just to clarify, you're suggesting that when rich_editing is true it is
> as the default now and when it's false it disables TinyMCE and the
> customizable advanced interface?

Yes, that's what I am suggesting.

> I haven't heard that much pushback
> against the latter (granted there will be people who disagree with *any*
> change), has it bugged anyone else on the list enough that it should be
> a built-in option?

The thread from June 23-ish "New Posting Screen", was never really
resolved, as far as I saw.

I don't see what makes WYSIWYG, prima facie, deserving of an option,
while draggable widgets undeserving.  I know _you_ want it in there; and
I accept that maybe a lot of people want it in there.  But as you told
me off-list, the rich edit option comes with a net loss of three
options.  So even adding a seperate option for draggable widgets _still_
represents a net loss (read: savings) of two options.  Bundle rich edit
and widgets into one option, and you retain your three options savings.

I don't see a lot of value to the interface changes for myself, and the
users I support directly.

--
skippy at skippy.net | http://skippy.net/

gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 9CFA4B35
506C F8BB 17AE 8A05 0B49  3544 476A 7DEC 9CFA 4B35