[wp-hackers] Personal options

Firas D. fd at firasd.org
Mon Aug 8 01:27:08 GMT 2005

Matthew Mullenweg wrote:

> Scott Merrill wrote:
>
>> Since we have an option for rich editing, I'd like to suggest we
>> extend that to a control for both WYSIWYG _and_ draggable widgets in
>> the post composition screen.
>

> Just to clarify, you're suggesting that when rich_editing is true it
> is as the default now and when it's false it disables TinyMCE and the
> customizable advanced interface? I haven't heard that much pushback
> against the latter (granted there will be people who disagree with
> *any* change), has it bugged anyone else on the list enough that it
> should be a built-in option?

They seem to have a 5px pull-limit to activate dragging (wild guess
mainly), increasing it to 10px or so would be better. Also, eliminating
the + and expanding/collapsing on click would reduce the accidental-drag
factor.

The + is also a verrry small area to aim and click at, just in general.
What's the point?

--
http://firasd.org