[wp-forums] FYI

Mar Ventus marventus.wp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 21:40:33 UTC 2013

Hi, guys. I promise we will try to keep an open mind regarding bad reviews
in the future and to ignore and/or flag reviews or comments we consider
unfounded or inappropriate instead of, perhaps, answering them and getting
trapped in a zero-sum game.
*@ Ipstenu:* Yep, you are absolutely right. Post 1 is after all an opinion,
as uninformed as it may be, and in Post 2 we totally lost it, so we are to
blame as much as the OP. I have talked to Josh about this, and we both
committed to try to keep it cool from now on. Thank you for deleting the
review anyway, since not only was it off-topic, as you pointed out, but it
also seem to violate some of the rules Chris mentioned later on (insults,
threats).
*@ Chris:* I already addressed the 2nd post in my response to Ipstenu.
Regarding the first one (the one about the user not getting how the plugin
works), we are currently working on improving our UI and on a series of
video tuts to show people how to make the best out of the plugin.
*@ Esmi:* We realize, as you very well pointed out, that we can't please
everyone, and as mentioned before, we also realize that we need to take a
chill pill and take these reviews with way more distance. I do have to
admit that, sometimes, it is really hard to do so, because of all the time
that we spend into making the plugin as accessible and easy to use as
possible, not to mention into providing free support to users all over the
world, I'm sure you guys over at WP know exactly what I'm talking about, ;-)
So, bottomline, I promise we will try to relax on how we handle reviews and
take example of the wonderful skills and patience you guys exhibit when
dealing with difficult users on the forums.
Thank you all for your thoughts and considerations, and for your constant
efforts in making WP a better place for all of us!

Marv