[wp-forums] FYI

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue Apr 16 20:37:12 UTC 2013

on 16/04/2013 20:58 Mar Ventus said the following:
> In the second one, there are actually personal attacks from the user to
> Josh (and myself) which clearly violate posting guidelines. Josh and I both
> tried to reason with him at first, but user's responses were so provocative
> that Josh eventually had it and responded in kind (which he shouldn't have,
> I will give you that, but we are only human). The only measure that was
> taken regarding that review was that the topic was closed, but the review
> is still there.

Yes - I saw that topic and thought that the OP was sailing pretty close
to the wind in terms of his personal comments. That said, Josh got the
final say and the topic was then closed.

You are going to get these from time to time. It happened to me a few
weeks back with eShop. All I did was ask someone to please post their
own topic and eShop got slammed with a 1 star review (henceforth known
as "The Hissy Fit Review") claiming all kinds of nonsense.

<http://wordpress.org/support/topic/downloads-not-working-support-fail>

*shrug* I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep over it because there are
just some folk that you will never please. And anyone with more than 2
brain cells to rub together will also take these kinds of silly
"reviews" with a major pinch of salt.

You have a very impressive number of 5 star reviews. Focus on them and
not the silly 1 star ones that Murphy's Law says will always exist. :-)

HTH

Mel
--
http://quirm.net