[wp-forums] Deleting links in WPorg forums

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Thu Apr 11 17:33:02 UTC 2013

*Jan listens carefully for the click of the landmine*

http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Deleting_.2F_Editing_Posts

Aside from it not being done from a policy standpoint (see URL above)
part of the reason it's not done is because there are a lot of old posts
going back years.

Do we really want to entertain people posting to get posts edited or
deleted? That could become a full time job by itself.

Unless it's an extreme case (and a year old post is no way extreme) then
the post should remain intact. It's a good policy. When in doubt don't put
it on the Internet.

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski