[wp-forums] Comment about [sticky] Posts requests for theme, decoding in here

Joni Mueller joni at jonimueller.com
Fri Jun 25 23:03:18 UTC 2010

No, I disagree that base64-encoded documents will likely be commercial themes. In fact the opposite is true.  I found a nest of themes, all culled from various places on the net (one of which was one of our free themes released way back when), and also included one of Chris Pearson's free themes.  All of the themes were Base-64 encoded.  I sent a takedown notice to the site owner (according to WHOIS) and his hosting company. Of course I didn't receive a reply and both themes are still there.

I'll be happy to provide a link to the site if anyone wishes to contact me OFFLIST.

Joni Mueller
Pixelita Designs
http://www.pixelita.com