[wp-docs] Default connection info now in templates

mrmist listswpdocs at mist.org.uk
Tue Aug 4 20:54:21 UTC 2009

In message
<fded39850908041331v77d7e53dy55457d44dc4de61d at mail.gmail.com>, Lorelle
VanFossen <lorellevan at gmail.com> writes
>Tis a work of art, our friend. Work of art!
>
>I thought we'd put a protect on that page. Hmmm. None found.
>
>I recommend we put an administrator block on the page, what do you all
>think?

My plan was to put a protect on the templates, thus leaving the bulk of
the page available for updates.  I did try to do this with a couple of
them, but I don't think the protected status stuck, as my test user
could still edit them.

I briefly discussed the idea of protecting wp-config over talk with
MichealH a while back, I think at the time a warning was added instead,
as protecting could add admin overhead if the page needs changing.  Of
course, this page is largely static so potentially protecting it is a
good plan - if it works!

--
mrmist