[glotpress] Suggestions and a possible bug

Cátia Kitahara contato at catiakitahara.com.br
Wed Apr 21 23:19:10 UTC 2010

Hi Nikolay,

I've been using GlotPress at translate.wordpress.org and it's very good!
Good job!
But I'd like to suggest you some things:

1. The Breadcrumb next to the GlotPress title is quite confusing. When on a
page with strings to translate, it doesn't show the whole project title. I
think it's a problem, when for example I have more than one browser tab
opened with two different glotpress projects. I was translating both
BuddyPress and WordPress and as both tabs were displaying the title:
GlotPress > Development (trunk) I was confused which one was WP and which
one was BP. I know, maybe it's a rare situation, but it happens and I think
it would be better to have the whole project title displayed.
What do you think?

2. Display the number of all/untranslated/waiting/fuzzy/warning strings next
to those links. I'ts good to know how many strings you still need to work
on.

3. The tab index when showing the string details. When you click on
"details", the next tab is the "Add translation" button, but I think it
should be the "Copy from original" link, next "Translate from Google", next
the file reference, and only then the button.

4. Add the approve/reject buttons to the string details view, like we have
on the bulk edit.

Besides that, sometimes there seems to be a sort of a bug. Sometimes a
string I've just added keeps repeating, instead of jumping to the next one.
Another friend who's helping translate WP also experienced this bug. When we
refresh the page it seems to go away, but it's kind of annoying, because you
don't know if the string was approved/translated or not.

That's it by now, thanks for GlotPress!

Cheers
--
Cátia Kitahara