[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6844: Extract & relocate core markup functions: Theme compat include functionality & search forms file

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 28 18:08:10 UTC 2016

#6844: Extract & relocate core markup functions:  Theme compat include
functionality & search forms file
-----------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  hnla                         |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by hnla):

 -02 patch builds on Boone's 8884.diff to add in the dir index templates
 new has_filter query else fetch new template part and updates the new
 forms vars to ensure we use bp_current_component() for token names.

 I think Boone's approach satisfies the overall requirements with one
 proviso as mentioned briefly in slack that the new template functions ( in
 bp-core-templates.php ) could be located in buddypress-functions.php if
 desired. I'm not sure that I have any strong opinion either way on this,
 in the theme functions file means they are more readily accessible, yet
 they don't really need to be that available?

 I have a notion that tackling another one of these, possibly dir filters,
 might be useful in highlighting whether this approach here does work as
 set out or in reality needs further refinement so I shall look at filters
 or message actions to explore further in a new ticket.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6844#comment:8>