[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #4126: Allow admin to select fields to display in user "excerps" on Groups' user list page

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 29 08:24:52 UTC 2016

#4126: Allow admin to select fields to display in user "excerps" on Groups' user
list page
-------------------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  sooskriszta                          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                          |      Status:  closed

Comment (by sooskriszta):

 I have always asserted, and I am glad that you agree, that this
 functionality would be beneficial for a large proportion of BuddyPress
 users.

 Needless to say, I am disappointed by the decision, and do firmly believe
 that the functionality can be deployed without including actual markup,
 i.e. how to display the field, in the core. We already do that for some
 fields: username, last active, profile photo, etc, and themes etc style
 these to their own wishes.

 Yeah, @abwebstudio messed up, in copying some of @shanebp 's code and that
 particular patch may be unacceptable. But I hope that's not the reason for
 closing the ticket and the door to any improvements in this regard.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4126#comment:29>