[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #7003: "Full name" field setting doesn't work on non-primary blog admin in multiblog mode

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Apr 8 05:29:36 UTC 2016

#7003: "Full name" field setting doesn't work on non-primary blog admin in
multiblog mode
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  boonebgorges  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  API           |    Version:
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:  needs-patch
--------------------------+-------------------------
 Originally reported in
 https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3725#comment:14 by @rbaccaro
 :

 > Hi,
 > I am using:
 > Fresh and New Install
 > WP 4.4.2
 > BP 2.5.2
 > Multisite
 > BP_ENABLE_MULTIBLOG = true
 > Sync between WP and BP activated in all blogs
 > We changed the primary Xprofile field name to "Full Name", using the
 primary blog.
 > When we update the primary BP field, using the backend or frontend of a
 different blog in the network, the primary field is not updating the WP
 name, last name and display name.
 > But, if we try to update the field using the primary blog, the sync
 works fine.
 > Bottom line: the profile sync is not working in every blog of the
 network and the problem persists according to my experience.
 > WORKAROUND:
 > I had to update the BP xprofile field_1 (in my case from Name to Last
 Name) from every blog, even if the BP settings was displaying the correct
 field name.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7003>