[buddypress-trac] [BuddyPress Trac] #6431: get_group_extras function doesn't "respects" the user_id variable from groups_get_groups() function

buddypress-trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 16 20:47:26 UTC 2015

#6431: get_group_extras function doesn't "respects" the user_id variable from
groups_get_groups() function
--------------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  lenasterg                       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by Mamaduka):

 @DJPaul  yes I removed `AND is_banned = 0` to use only one query.

 Don't see reason to reset default values on every iteration. Only keeping
 those for backwards compatibility, because someone might be doing strict
 comparisons. We have totally different behavior in `BP_Groups_Members`
 where we just cast returned values to integers. I would be nice to have
 same standard return types, but not sure if it's worth to break BC.

 Regarding why I reset everything on `$is_banned` check, it's to match
 original behavior, moving defaults inside the loop won't give us any
 changes.

--
Ticket URL: <https://buddypress.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6431#comment:7>