[buddypress-dev] BP, WPMU and overall domain configuration?

Andrea sillyandrea at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 18:13:42 GMT 2008

I thought I'd chime in on a couple of the non-BP related questions &
answers. :)

Barry Caplan wrote:
> (although I wonder if users
> can add their own theme, plugins, etc. Maybe, but I ran out of time,
> so it is an open question to me for now).

Nope, they can't. Themes & plugins are shared across users, and also
allowing them this kind of access opens up a security nightmare.
> 4 - ability to search across all blogs

not built in but doable a couple ways. Plugin already available.
> 5 - tags on blog entries that work across blogs
Single-blog tagging is built in and there's a couple sitewide tags
plugins out there already.

Andrea

--
http://atypicalife.net/blog/  personal anecdotes from our days