[wp-testers] Ran into a bug/undocumented behaviour about bookmarks

Peter Westwood peter.westwood at ftwr.co.uk
Thu May 27 15:19:12 UTC 2010

On 27 May 2010, at 14:21, Stefan Wallin, Festiz Webbyrå wrote:

> Hi all!
>
> I'm quite new to this sort of open dev-community so bare with me here.
>
> I've noticed that both in 2.9.2 and 3.0-beta2-14676, the bookmarksobject you
> get back from the get_bookmarks()-function has a value called *[link_updated]
> => 0000-00-00 00:00:00.* However, this value does not change on updating the
> link, nor are value set during adding of the link. Should this not be a
> timestamp regarding changes to that bookmark entry? If anyone else also
> experiences this behaviour, what should I do? Where do I file bugs?
>
> It seems that they do not honor the show_updated-settings, here is my call:
>
> $bm = get_bookmarks( array(
>                          'orderby'        => 'updated',
>                          'order'          => 'ASC',
>                          'limit'          => 3,
>                          'show_updated'   => 1,
>                          'category_name'  => $tag->name));

show_updated is all about the time at which the content at the end of the link was last updated.

You have to be running an extra bit of code to get those values updated to mean anything.

It used to use a big old xml file hosted by one of the ping targets that pingomatic supports.

It got real slow when blogging really took off.

westi
--
Peter Westwood
C53C F8FC 8796 8508 88D6 C950 54F4 5DCD A834 01C5