[wp-testers] Auto Embed (oEmbed) videos need option to add params (specifically wmode)

Jim Krill jim at synotac.com
Thu May 27 14:30:21 UTC 2010

I'm running into the issue with WordPress' autoembed feature that drop-down
menus and other absolutely positioned elements (like lightboxes) are getting
covered up by the flash video that is auto embedded.

Wordpress should allow for an option to turn on wmode=transparent as an
additional param that is added to the autoembed code.

I don't think making this a param by default makes sense, as it might slow
down some videos.  But it should at least be available.

*Jim Krill*
Web Developer
Synotac Web Design
www.synotac.com<http://www.synotac.com/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=Email%2BFooter&utm_campaign=Footer%2BLink>