[wp-testers] Auto Embed (oEmbed) videos need option to add params (specifically wmode)

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Thu May 27 14:33:27 UTC 2010

We've talked about this, see http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11436. We
do not touch the HTML that is returned from an oEmbed provider *at all*
except to remove line breaks (so it doesn't interfere with wpautop),
something most providers don't return (I think it's against the spec, in
fact).

The resolution to that ticket is that we are not interested in parsing HTML
beyond what we already do. That said, a plugin can easily implement this,
filters are in place. I think it's on my plugin to-do, but 3.0 is weighing
me down.