[wp-testers] suggestions for: "Theme searching" and "multisite installation of plugins and themes"

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sat May 8 22:27:27 UTC 2010

On Sat, May 8, 2010 at 6:18 PM, Jonatan Riber Andersen
<jonatan at natanoj.dk>wrote:

> So far the new menu building seems to be working fine for me. I do however
> miss the possibility to search only for themes supporting the new
> menu-builder.

I imagine this would turn into a keyword. Keep in mind, however, that you
can build menus for a widget as well. So as long as the theme supports menus
or widgets, menus are usable.

Additionally on multi-sites installations (wpmu) it would be nice to have an
> super admin option of allowing other users to install themes and plugins
> without requesting the super admin to do it...

Install? That would install them for all blogs. You can filter the
capabilities system to do this, but I'd only do that if you trust them as if
they are a super admin. They can easily upload a plugin that makes them a
super admin. (It's impossible to sandbox PHP.)

> It would also be nice if it was possible to define that a specific theme or
> plugin is only available for use within a single site.

I would be very surprised if existing filters were not enough to do this.