[wp-testers] WP 3 test blogs sub-dir and subdomain tests. DNS issues, of course

Andrew Nacin wp at andrewnacin.com
Sun Mar 7 22:28:17 UTC 2010

If the book is aimed at novice users, I'd consider avoiding the Network
feature altogether then, at least for now.

MU is very advanced. 3.0 is only designed to merge the codebases, not make
MU any better to use and manage (look no sooner than 3.1 for that). The
learning curve remains high. That's the reason for the WP_ENABLE_MULTISITE
constant -- if you don't know how to constant to wp-config.php, then you
probably shouldn't be venturing away from a single-blog installation. The
constant was designed to increase the barrier to entry.