[wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Oct 17 07:53:04 GMT 2008

On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 18:47:14 +1100, Xavier Borderie <xavier at borderie.net>
wrote:
> ...then, nothing - and no footer. Is there supposed to be a signal
> that all is done and well? At least, a revision number in the footer,
> besides "2.7-hemorrhage", would be helpful...
> If it's any help, my PHP settings are here, http://is.gd/4eE4 , but if
> there are needed server-side stuff, it should be indicated in the page
> itself, IMHO.

Have you enabled WP_DEBUG? add define('WP_DEBUG', true); to your config
file to see if any error messages come out of the work
Are you using FTP while doing the upgrade?
Manually updating to the latest revision might be an idea too, There
may've been a bug fixed here or there.

> Also, one thing to note, when I'm doing my test while using a
> localised version (fr_FR), I'm not even getting the second line - but
> I suppose localised update only works if there's actually the needed
> file on fr.wp.org, for instance...?

I'm not too sure there.. What file does it list as the one being
downloaded? Maybe that file doesnt exist and that error condition hasnt
been checked..