[wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Fri Oct 17 07:47:14 GMT 2008

I'm kicking the tires on 2.7's automatic update tool at the moment,
and I'm not getting much love from it.
That is, when I click on the Upgrade Automatically button, all it
gives me the following strings:

Downloading update from http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip
Unpacking the core update

...then, nothing - and no footer. Is there supposed to be a signal
that all is done and well? At least, a revision number in the footer,
besides "2.7-hemorrhage", would be helpful...
If it's any help, my PHP settings are here, http://is.gd/4eE4 , but if
there are needed server-side stuff, it should be indicated in the page
itself, IMHO.

Also, one thing to note, when I'm doing my test while using a
localised version (fr_FR), I'm not even getting the second line - but
I suppose localised update only works if there's actually the needed
file on fr.wp.org, for instance...?