[wp-testers] Automatic update working correctly?

Xavier Borderie xavier at borderie.net
Fri Oct 17 09:13:02 GMT 2008

> Have you enabled WP_DEBUG? add define('WP_DEBUG', true); to your config file
> to see if any error messages come out of the work

Just did, it gives me two
Notice: Undefined index: extension in
/homepages/13/d210415911/htdocs/xavier/wp-trunk/wp-includes/functions.php
on line 1888 .
This could be the result of an automatic upgrade gone wrong. I'll
upgrade manually and see if it changes anything.

> Are you using FTP while doing the upgrade?

Thing is, it didn't even ask me for my FTP credentials, just went into
"Downloading update from ..." mode.
But truth be told, I did have my FTP client open, so that might have
broke something.

> Manually updating to the latest revision might be an idea too, There may've
> been a bug fixed here or there.

Will do.

>> Also, one thing to note, when I'm doing my test while using a
>> localised version (fr_FR), I'm not even getting the second line - but
>> I suppose localised update only works if there's actually the needed
>> file on fr.wp.org, for instance...?
>
> I'm not too sure there.. What file does it list as the one being downloaded?
> Maybe that file doesnt exist and that error condition hasnt been checked..

Gives me this:
"Téléchargement de la mise à jour depuis
http://wordpress.org/nightly-builds/wordpress-latest.zip "
...so it seems to be pretty much the same file.

--
Xavier Borderie