[wp-testers] Page Ordering

Alexander Beutl xel at netgra.de
Thu May 1 21:06:54 GMT 2008

The plugin mentioned at the begining gives you drag and drop capabilities.
This can not be simulated without JS (or you need flash which isn't any
better). Period.

Any way I can imagine it could work (links which load the specified stuff
and all) will result in a less comfortable way then just Search and edit and
save (which needs 3 Pageloads, while even the 3rd subpage would need 1) load
the rootpages 2) load the sub1 pages 3) load the sub2 pages 4) load the sub3
pages and 5) save them.

You maybe see why there is no way to manage 1k+ pages comfortable without
AJAX (yes - we could start off with a java based client - not any better
eh?)

And now tell me please why one can not say a backend will have system
requirements?
Look at ModX for example - the whole backend is AJAX only.

And I will tell you a second thing: AJAX only is more powerfull for backend
then AJAX-Fallback stuff since it can use stuff not creatable without
JS/AJAX like Drag&Drop - you simply can not simulate this without JS - no
way!

And remember: I am speaking about a plugin - not about a core-integration,
because I don't belive there is a way to make them all - or at least most of
them - happy which would be needed for a core integration in my opinion.

Alex