[wp-testers] Page Ordering

Bertilo Wennergren bertilow at gmail.com
Thu May 1 13:56:18 GMT 2008

Alexander Beutl wrote:

> PHP has no chance in knowing if
> there is ajax or not (One could put out a button which loads everything at
> once if there is no ajax - but that wouldn't be gracefull by any means!)

PHP can know that if the browsers tells it. If the call is made with
AJAX, the JS can add a parameter, "ajax=youbetcha", to the URL, and
then PHP knows what to do.

But first of all there must be a model that does not depend on AJAX,
and that works OK, and then perhaps an ever more elegant AJAX layer
can be added to that.

But maybe we're talking about different things here. I'm not sure
what was actually proposed to start with.

--
Bertilo Wennergren <http://bertilow.com>