[wp-testers] It seems we're outmoded...

Paleo Pat tpblogeditor at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:43:44 GMT 2008

Very True. Whenever a new thing comes out on the 'Net. It goes through what
I call "The Phase".

1. Experimentation
2. Implementation
3. Capitalization

At first Blogs were like the new "cutting edge" thing. Once Wordpress.com
and Blogger.com came along, the mass implementation started happening. Then,
the Capitalists saw that money could be made, then ads appeared.

The downside is this, the noise has gotten louder. Twitter is following
suit. Already there are people out there trying to use Twitter to spam
people.

The challenge for Blog author's is this, to be Unique. Which many Blogs do
well, and some, quite frankly, stink at it. There are two types of Blogs,
the leaders and the echo chambers; this is true especially in politics.

This is why I detest Memeorandum. It encourages Blog snobbery. I won't even
get into what I think about Gabe or his politics.

One thing I've noticed, is, many Blogs copy others, like Style, and because
of this, and because of the "PreFab" themes, the Blogsophere is very, shall
we say, Un-Unique. Of course, if you've priced Blog Design Services, you
will see *why* many blogs go with a Prefab look.

I personally think that the Blogsophere is here to stay. We've just got to
get better at what we do.

-Paleo Pat
http://www.politicalbyline.com