[wp-testers] It seems we're outmoded...

Alex Hempton-Smith hempsworth at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:24:07 GMT 2008

Although I completely agree that Twitter/Facebook cannot replace blogs - I
have to agree that there is far more garbage out there now.

WordPress.com, Blogger, et al have made it extremely easy for anybody with
half a brain to create a blog; although what Google, and moreso Automattic,
are doing for the blogosphere is noble, is it just making it too easy to
create garbage?

If you are forced to take time to get a blog online, maybe it sorts between
those who are 'dedicated' to making great content or getting a message
accross, as apposed to those who just fancy writing about a meal they had
last night.

However - maybe this isn't a bad thing?! If I'm stuck for somewhere to eat,
I'd appreciate a blog post on a great local chinese resteraunt than a long,
well written piece on Barack Obama!

Does this call for us to re-organise the blogosphere?

-- Alex